Books!

Check out our Book Recommendations on

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Calvin's Six!




I can hardly believe this boy is six. Here are my favorite memories of Calvin:

1--whenever he smiles and his eyes widen and his dimples deepen and I wonder how I got such a handsome, handsome boy.
2--when just the other day he was pretending to be a circus elephant and he stood at the top of the stairs and said, "Ta Da!" and he then fell all the way down the stairs, bump, bonk, bump, bonk. He got up half crying, but when he all saw we were laughing, he started to laugh too. That is Calvin to a tee!
3--When he tells Baba he thinks he is really smart, maybe even smarter than her (although I know Baba doesn't like it.)
4--When he says he wants to be a scholar when he grows up (someone who studies everything)
5--When he says after he watches TV, Mom, I think I can feel my brain melting. (That is because that's what I tell him happens after he watches TV. I always agree his brain does look a little melty and he'd better go exercise it. He'll probably need therapy.)
6--When he loses his shoes every single, single, single day and he tells me and then he says he'll go look for them and I find him on the floor, reading a book.
7--How he is reading on his own now, book after book after book and loving it, but he still loves nothing more than to snuggle with me and read.
8--When he fell out the window when I was in Utah and when Sam found him, he said, (I have a leaf in my hair!)
9--How he still says Blanklet instead of blanket.
10--How he is just our happy go lucky kid, such a perfect place in our family for him.
11--how his brother Shaemus is his best friend in the world and how yesterday, I heard Calvin whispering to him that they needed to make a treasure box, a secret treasure box, and take it to their make-up circus and surprise the audience with all their treasures. It was so cute, I didn't even mind to much when their treasures included half of the things in the fridge, and I found a mini-grocery store behind the couch that they weren't very helpful at cleaning up!

Love you Calvin!!!

No comments: