Books!

Check out our Book Recommendations on

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Quick post!

I'm in Vermont at the Vermont College of Fine Arts for a twelve day residency. My sweet, sweet Sam is home with the kids. And so far, he says, there have been about 1.5 catastrophies per day. Sam broke a cello string for Lucy while trying to figure out how to tune the darn thing (he broke the thickest one, which I think takes a lot of strength to do, so he really ought to flex his muscles in the mirror to feel better about himself), and Mary broke her BRAND NEW glasses (a screw fell out, but the screw is lost, so poor Sam has to go get it fixed on Monday), and Flannery ripped up a library book. Not too bad for two days.

I have the incredible blessing of being randomly assigned a Mormon roommate! There are three of us in a class of 15 and one of them is a man, so seriously I could not be more lucky. I was worried about the roommate in the dorms thing. Everyone is so incredibly nice here—unbelievably nice—but I was worried about sharing a room with someone who maybe liked to stay up drinking or would not be too happy if I woke up early for scripture study. My roommate is active LDS from the San Diego area, and she was equally pleased to be stuck with me!
Just another blessing from Heavenly Father helping show me and my family how his hand is involved in our lives!

Have a great week everyone!
(especially you Sam)

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow, that is a big blessing. Good luck to Sam and you enjoy yourself!

Katie said...

How funny- let us know if he needs a hand! Briggie once broke his brand new glasses by running into a post the first week he had them and snapping them in two- I couldn't believe it!