Books!

Check out our Book Recommendations on

Monday, July 31, 2017

Dad - Jesus Overcame Temptation

Today I was reading how after Christ fasted for 40 days and nights and was tempted by the devil.  The devil tempted him to turn stone into bread, to cast himself from the pinnacle of the temple, and to worship Satan in exchange for the earth.  All of Satan's temptations were temptations to be selfish or self serving (e.g. give me bread because I am hungry, because I am the Son of God I can jump off of this towner and God will save me, I want the treasures of this world for me). So I think it is with all of Satan's temptations directed at us.  His temptations have us focus on ourself whether it be to satisfy carnal desires or boost our pride.  I love how the Savior resisted the temptations by quoting scripture and relying on Heavenly Father. We can do the same and as the Savior did also focus our attentions on serving and helping others instead of looking to serve ourselves.  Charity seeketh not her own.

No comments: