Books!

Check out our Book Recommendations on

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Dad - Revelation for New Job

About a year ago my boss was promoted to be a vice president in our company.  This created a new vacancy in his position.  I briefly thought about taking the job but then dismissed it because it would require a lot of travel and I assumed Lindsay would not want me to apply.  I called her from my car to let her know that my boss was promoted and Lindsay said she thought I should apply for the job.

So I decided to pray about it.  I went to the temple to seek inspiration.  While in the Celestial Room, I opened up the Doctrine and Covenants to D&C 100 and read the following:

1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you, my friends Sidney and Joseph, your families are well; they are in amine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power.
2 Therefore, follow me, and listen to the counsel which I shall give unto you.
3 Behold, and lo, I have much people in this place, in the regions round about; and an effectual door shall be opened in the regions round about in this eastern land.
4 Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the asalvationof souls.
5 Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; aspeak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be bconfounded before men;
6 For it shall be agiven you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.
As I read this I comprehended by the spirit that my family would be in good hands and taken care of by the Lord while I traveled.  I understood by the spirit that the Lord would open up effectual doors for myself and my team to be successful at work in the eastern lands where we live and work.
Since this time (about a year ago) I have seen the Lord open up many effectual doors at work and at home.  Schroeder was born.  We sold our old house (went under contract for asking price in the second day on the market).  We moved into a new ward which has been a great blessing for each of our children.  We lived in a new house where we are able to have families over, serve, and make new friends.  The Lord made it possible for me to hit my sales quota last year through certain unexpected turns of events.  
I am grateful for Heavenly Fathers help and blessings.  I think perhaps I will learn a little more about the above scriptures and what they mean to me, my family, and others in the coming years.  

No comments: